Hope and feeling hopeful
Hope and being hopeful refer to the belief that there are certain good things that lie ahead for you.
It is not always easy to feel hopeful when dealing with life’s challenges such as living with dementia and other illnesses, but there are techniques and methods that you can try out to help you think and feel more positive and hopeful. These will improve your wellbeing:
- learning from others – ask them what makes them hopeful
- get encouragement from others through support groups – talk to people who have a positive attitude about dementia
- be inspired – put up inspiring photos or pictures around you
- spend time with friends who make you laugh or choose humorous films and books – you might like to try talking (audio) books from your local library
- work through challenges by problem solving with help from others, rather than giving up. You may still be able to do something – it might just need a slightly different approach