This section of the website has been designed and written for people in the early stages of dementia, but may be useful for friends, family, carers and anyone who works with or supports people with dementia.
The information and tools are designed to:
- Help you to maintain physical and emotional well-being after a diagnosis of dementia
- Provide a positive message that there are things you can do to help you live well with dementia
- Provide practical tips to help you to manage the changes in your life
- Help you to test out and develop your own ways to live well with dementia
- Inform you about services and support that are available to help you.
Now I’ve bought a diary, bought a whiteboard and I use it … It’s little tools you can use to make your life, everybody’s life a little bit better. – Carer of a person with dementia
What is not included?
This section does not cover information about treatments, medication, care options, financial, legal matters and information specifically for carers.
Soothe vaccination anxiety with a dose of music
Vaccinations can cause anxiety, especially for those with an impairment, disability or condition such as dementia. Music can significantly lower stress levels before, during and after vaccinations.
Free online courses for carers of people with dementia from Dementia Carers Count
Dementia Carers Count is dedicated to family members and friends who are caring for someone with dementia.
Grants for organisations to provide musical services for people with dementia
£500,000 cash boost for organisations to provide musical services for people with dementia.