This section of the website has been designed and written for people in the early stages of dementia, but may be useful for friends, family, carers and anyone who works with or supports people with dementia.
The information and tools are designed to:
- Help you to maintain physical and emotional well-being after a diagnosis of dementia
- Provide a positive message that there are things you can do to help you live well with dementia
- Provide practical tips to help you to manage the changes in your life
- Help you to test out and develop your own ways to live well with dementia
- Inform you about services and support that are available to help you.
Now I’ve bought a diary, bought a whiteboard and I use it … It’s little tools you can use to make your life, everybody’s life a little bit better. – Carer of a person with dementia
What is not included?
This section does not cover information about treatments, medication, care options, financial, legal matters and information specifically for carers.
Stratford Sporting Memories Club
Stratford Sports Club have entered into a partnership with the Sporting Memories Foundation to hold a weekly club.
Warwick Memory Singers
We all love to sing, but for someone living with dementia, singing takes on extra meaning, helping to unlock memories and stimulate cognitive pathways.
Forget-Me-Not Dementia Drop In
Forget-Me-Not Drop In is a dementia friendly environment for people living with dementia / memory loss and their friends, family and / or carers.