Your health and wellbeing

In case of emergency

In your supporting role, sometimes things will go wrong. Do you know who to contact in an emergency? Staff who are called to help you during an emergency might not realise the person you look after has dementia – make sure you let them know about it or order a free ‘I have dementia’ card from the Alzheimer’s Society that the person you look after could have on them and use as they need it.

Medical emergencies – telephone 999 and ask for an ambulance.

If you live in Warwickshire you can sign up to the Carers In Case of Emergency Scheme via Guideposts Trust by telephoning 0845 600 9980. Otherwise, you would have to notify Warwickshire County Council Social Care Duty team 01926 886922 who would organise emergency respite care for the person you look after.