The vision for Coventry and Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia Strategy 2022 - 2027 is that ‘everyone affected by dementia is enabled to live well’.
Coventry and Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia Strategy 2022-2027 details the priorities that will help ensure that people with dementia, as well as their carers, receive the appropriate support, information, and advice along their journey with dementia. The strategy will be supported by a delivery plan which will set out exactly what we will do over the next five years, to ensure that ‘everyone affected by dementia is enabled to live well’.
Why we are engaging
This engagement programme is a chance for you to have a say about the draft strategy, its visions and priorities and our proposed ways of working. The draft strategy is available by clicking on either of the survey links below. By completing the survey, you can let us know if we are focussing on the right aspects.
How to take part
You can share your views in a number of ways:
- Complete the engagement survey.
- If you would like to complete an easy read version of this survey please click on this link: Dementia Strategy Easy Read Version.
- You can feed back to us directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request an alternative format or language in this way.
- A range of opportunities to support people with dementia and their carers to shape the Dementia Strategy is being offered. Making Space will be running a series of listening events through September and October 2021. Sessions can be delivered virtually, by telephone or face to face. To attend one of these sessions, people with dementia and / or their carers are asked to book the type of session, date and time that suits them.
- People can book on a 1-1 session (which can include a person with dementia and / or their carer) with a member of staff from Making Space. This will last for up to one hour. Please click on the following link for more information, dates, and times for 1-1 sessions: Living Well with Dementia Strategy 1-1 Feedback Sessions
- People can book on a focus group which will be a small group session with other people with dementia and carers and staff from Making Space. These will last for one to two hours. Please click on the following link for more information, dates, and times for focus groups:
Living Well with Dementia Strategy Group Feedback Sessions
- Making Space can also offer visits to Dementia cafes /Patient Participation Groups or other small groups to talk to people attending on a 1:1 basis or in small groups. If you lead such a group and are interested in this, please contact Making Space as soon as possible to arrange a visit before the end of October.
Please contact Making Space to find out more about how they can engage with people with dementia and their carers regarding the Dementia Strategy.
Tel: 01926 679207 / 07843 268015
Thank you for your support in helping to shape Coventry and Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia Strategy. We would be grateful if you would please share this article with any other people who you think might be interested.