Warwickshire carers have been closely involved in the development of a new Joint Adult Carers Strategy for 2017-2020.
Warwickshire County Council and the three local clinical commissioning groups, (South Warwickshire CCG, Warwickshire North CCG and Coventry and Rugby CCG) joined with health and social care delivery partners in a commitment to support carers.
As part of the new strategy, carers across Warwickshire are set to benefit from the launch of a new Carers Wellbeing Service, which will be accessible to carers from 1st June 2017 and will be delivered by Carers Trust Heart of England.
Carer wellbeing workers will offer all carers a Wellbeing Check involving:
- A full discussion of the carer’s situation with the aim of identifying his or her individual and community assets and how these can be maximised to assist them in their caring role
- Provision of individualised information, advice and support as required, including emotional support
- Assistance to develop an action plan, for which there will be no prescription or presumptions
- Help to complete an emergency plan
- Issuing of an emergency card
- Signposting to different services as appropriate.
The service will also:
- Help with arranging access to a range of group support and activities to reduce social isolation, develop interests and hobbies, and provide carer network and peer support if this is what local carers decide will be of benefit to them.
- Facilitate access to statutory and specialist support where appropriate.
- Support transition of young carers into adult services where appropriate.
The service will be available over the telephone; face to face at GP surgeries, in the carer’s home and other community venues; through Skype/FaceTime and any other way that suits the carer.
The service will work in partnership with the main health and social care facilities across Warwickshire, in particular GPs’ practices.
You can refer a carer into the service by:
- Completing an online referral via http://www.carerstrusthofe.org.uk/warwickshire-carer-wellbeing-service/
Carers contact the Warwickshire Carers Wellbeing Service directly themselves by either:
- Telephone – 024 7610 1040 – Option 4
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the Carer Referral Form on our website http://www.carerstrusthofe.org.uk/about-us