If you facilitate and/or Volunteer at a support group in the area, then this free network event including refreshments is for you!
Thursday 23rd May
With ever increasing numbers of adults in the UK living with a dementia diagnosis, Warwick District’s Dementia Support Groups provide a great resource for them, their carers and families.
The Warwick District Support for Dementia Network is keen to offer the people behind these support groups – the leaders, volunteers and activity facilitators- the chance to get together again to develop skills, share experience and good practice, identify shared challenges, and importantly, to recognise the great and vital work you all contribute within our communities.
We will be holding this free event at St. Michael’s Church Centre, Church Lane, Budbrooke, Warwick CV 35 8QL on Thursday 23rd. MAY 2019, from 13.00 to 3.15pm and would like to invite all those involved in delivering sessions to please come and participate.
13:00 – Registration
13:10 – Welcome
13:15 – Updating knowledge:
- Year of Wellbeing – Focus on Volunteers
- Safegaurding update and refresher
- Arc CIC/Foundry Wood & EcoTherapy
- County Dementia news & planned events
- Planned carers’ event – September 5th 2019
14:15 – Question and answer session
- An opportunity for questions, an interactive session led by Tony Britton
14:30 – Refreshments and networking
- Mix & talk with other volunteers, group leaders and specialists
15:15 – Close
For further information, please contact Gill Jones on 01926 477512, or email firstname.lastname@example.org