There are two key services that enable people to access all other post diagnosis dementia support:
Dementia Navigator Service (face to face service)
- Signposting and referral to appropriate post diagnosis support and services, at all stages of dementia
- Advice and emotional support to people with dementia and carers
- Support, advice and information to those with concerns about their memory, and / or through the diagnostic process.
Contact: Alzheimer’s Society. Tel: 01926 888899
The Dementia Navigator Service is commissioned by Warwickshire County Council.
Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia website (online service)
- Dementia services and support in the local area – at district and borough level
- Living well with dementia – information for people in the early stages of dementia
- Information for carers
- Dementia Friendly Communities and Dementia Friends
- Reducing risk of dementia
- Links to social media, blogs, twitter
- Links to Alzheimer’s Society National Dementia Helpline and Talking Point (online forum)
- Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia Strategy
The dementia website is managed by Warwickshire County Council.