Dementia Awareness Week 2015 will be held between 17th and 23rd May.
The theme of this year’s Dementia Awareness Week is ‘Life doesn’t end when dementia begins’ and the events held during the week will focus around raising awareness of the condition and that people with dementia can live well with the right support.
This year, Warwickshire County Council and partners have teamed up with Alzheimer’s Society Warwickshire to put on a number of ‘Signing for the Brain’ events across the county. There will be one main singing event held in each district and borough, and the Dementia Friends campaign song ‘With a little help from my friends’ (by the Beatles) will be performed by local community choirs in public spaces.
The ‘Singing for the Brain’ events in Warwickshire will be held as follows:
- Warwick District: Saturday 16th May at 2pm – Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa & Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, Warwick
- Rugby Borough: Saturday 16th May at 2pm – Rugby Library, Little Elborow Street, Rugby
- North Warwickshire Borough: Saturday 16th May at 2pm – Atherstone Market Square, Atherstone
- Stratford District: Sunday 17th May at 2pm – High Street, Alcester
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough: Wednesday 20th May at 1pm – Nuneaton Market Stall, Nuneaton Town Centre
There will also be a range of other individual awareness raising events, held across Warwickshire by different organisations, community groups and in GP surgeries.
If you would like to find out about events held in your local area, please contact Coventry and Warwickshire Living Well with Dementia Partnership on email@example.com
Every action counts! Tweet about your event or action using the hashtag #CWDAW2015 or #DoSomethingNew, or email the Coventry and Warwickshire Living Well with Dementia Partnership on firstname.lastname@example.org with some details we could promote on your behalf!