Living Well with Dementia Strategy
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) published its Living Well with Dementia Strategy refresh in May 2016. Our vision is that:
Warwickshire is a place where people can live well with dementia.
To achieve this we will work in collaboration with Health, Voluntary and Independent sector partners so that people with dementia and their carers:
Have access to a timely diagnosis of their condition and are offered appropriate post diagnosis support following this;
- Have access to high quality, personalised and integrated services across health and social care;
- Are provided with support that is tailored to their requirements and is delivered by skilled and knowledgeable staff;
- Have access to information and services that focus on early intervention, prevention and the importance of staying healthy at all ages;
- Experience less stigma and discrimination as awareness of dementia and the creation of ‘Dementia Friendly’ communities increase.
This website has been developed by WCC and aims to provide people with dementia, carers and people living and working across Warwickshire with information about:
- living well with dementia
- local support and services
- national support and services
- reducing the risk of developing dementia
- Dementia Friendly Communities.
There is also information for the general public, businesses and organisations on how they can contribute to Warwickshire being a place where people can live well with dementia.
To view the Warwickshire Living Well with Dementia Strategy and other key documents, click here.